0 of 110 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 110 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Encouraging the client to dress self as much as possible will:
2. A client is combative when the nurse aide attempts to assist with the client’s morning care.
The nurse aide SHOULD:
3. When feeling overworked, which of the following actions are BEST for the nurse aide to take?
4. A client is receiving oxygen and is reporting not getting enough air. What should the CNA do?
5. The nurse aide suspects that another nurse aide is impaired. What SHOULD the nurse aide do with this information?
6.To ensure a clients comfort, the bottom sheet SHOULD be:
7. Assisting a client to regain bowel and bladder control is very important because it:
8. When communicating with a client who is hearing impaired, the nurse aide should avoid:
9. The nurse aide has been assigned to care for a client with a bed alarm. What SHOULD the nurse aide include in the client’s plan of care?
10. Which of the following characteristics describes NORMAL skin?
11. What SHOULD the nurse aide do upon finding a client on the floor?
12. The nurse aide enters a client’s room and finds the client crying. What SHOULD the CNA do?
13. A client has an above-the-knee amputation. The CNA SHOULD assist with putting on the:
14. A CDC states that the invasion and growth of microbes in the body is called:
15. Activities of daily living (ADL) include:
16. A client would like to attend the current activity.
The nurse aide SHOULD:
17. A client appears to have suffered a heart attack in the dining room. To open the airway to perform rescue breathing, the nurse aide SHOULD:
18. The nurse aide is instructed to David for a client who is deceased, the nurse aide SHOULD:
19. When transferring a client with left sided weakness from bed to chair, the nurse aide SHOULD
20. The nurse aide is assisting a client ambulate, and the client begins to fall. The nurse aide SHOULD:
21. What SHOULD a nurse aide, who is busy, do when a client who has occasional bladder incontinence is wearing an incontinence brief and asks to go to the bathroom?
22. To provide mouth care for a client who is unconscious, the nurse aide SHOULD:
23. The nurse aide may assist a client with religious needs by:
24. If the nurse aide observes lice in a client’s hair, the nurse aide should:
25. The Heimlich Maneuver (abdominal thrust) is used to:
26. When performing the Heimlich maneuver (abdominal thrusts), the nurse aide’s hands SHOULD be placed:
27. Good body mechanics when moving a client in bed SHOULD include:
28. Which is a benefit of providing nail and foot care for a client?
29. What precautions SHOULD be taken when oxygen is used in a client’s room?
30. An important factor to consider when possible for a client is to:
31. When food is served that client does not like, the nurse aide SHOULD
32. Where in a client’s room SHOULD an oxygen tank be placed?
33. A client is told that her sister has died . The client then asks the nurse aide to telephone the sister. The client is MOST likely at what stage of the grief process?
34. The nurse aide’s responsibility in a care conference is:
35. A client has returned to recover from surgery and is on bed rest. The nurse aide has reviewed the care plan and notes that the client needs to be repositioned:
36. A client who is in the supine position is lying:
37. A client has right to:
38. The nurse aide should be aware that the goal of bladder training is to
39 The nurse aide is assigned to provide foot and nail care to clients. Which of the following is important regarding foot and nail care.
40. A nurse aide sees a call light of a client assigned to another nurse aide who is on break. The nurse aide SHOULD:
41. The nurse aide has been delegated to collect the intake and output of a client. The nurse aide notes that the client drank 3 oz of juice and urinated 500 mL. The nurse aide should report the client intake and output as:
42. Which of the following is true of a client in the last stage of Alzheimer’s disease
45. A client’s shower time is at the same time as a group activity that the client wants to attend. What should the Nurse Aide do about the conflict?
46 What factors may promote regular bowel elimination?
47 Expected respiratory rate of an adult is within which of the following ranges?
48 To prevent client burns, the nurse aide should:
49. During a survey, a site inspector has asked the new nurse aide a question regarding fire drills. Because the nurse aide does not know the answer, the nurse aide should
50. Who may review mail before it is received by a client?
51. Nurse Aide should refuse an assigned task when:
52. Anti embolism stockings should be applied to a client:
53. If a client has a seizure, the nurse aide should
54. An example of an activity that promotes clients expression of sexuality is:
55. A client with a pressure injury on the left side should be:
56. When shaving a client, the nurse should be aware that:
57. A surgically created opening in the wall of the abdomen to allow stool to pass is called
(58) Which statement made by the nurse assistant promotes a client’s self-esteem?
59. To help prevent skin breakdown, when making a bed, the nurse aide should:
60 Which of the following observations by the nurse aide should be reported as a sign and symptom of pain?
61. The term shallow respiration means:
62. Which member of the healthcare team monitors a client’s nutritional status and diet?
63. Which of the following should the CNA report to the charge nurse at the end of the shift?
64. Client intake includes:
65. When assisting a client to use a bedside commode, the nurse aide SHOULD:
66. in order to prevent a client from developing a pressure injury the nurse aide SHOULD
67. The nurse aide is preparing to assist with repositioning a client who had spinal surgery 12 hours ago. Which of the following techniques SHOULD the nurse aide use?
68. What equipment should the nurse aide use to feed a client?
69. Which of the following statements about pain is correct?
70. Bowel elimination is related to which system?
71. One sign of dehydration is:
72. When caring for a client who must use walker, the nurse aide SHOULD:
73. The nurse aide is assisting clients with using bedpans. When SHOULD the nurse aide use a fracture bedpan?
74. When applying elastic stockings for a client, the nurse aide should FIRST:
75. The nurse aide is assisting a client with eating. Which of the following steps should the nurse aide complete FIRST?
76. If a client reports having pain, what is the MOST effective way to measure the client’s pain intensity?
77. The purpose of isolating a client who has an infection is to:
78. The nurse aide enters a client’s room and finds the client crying. What SHOULD the nurse aide do?
79. Which of the following locations gives the MOST accurate measure of body temperature
80. A facility ignores a client’s request for a roommate change. What organization should the nurse aide contact?
81. An “NPO” sign on a client’s door tells the nurse aide that:
82. While the nurse aide is assisting a client to ambulate, the client trips and begins to fall. The nurse aide SHOULD:
83. When a client is admitted to the facility the FIRST thing the nurse aide should explain is the:
84. A client who has dementia is masturbating while having a meal in the dining room. The nurse aide SHOULD:
85. When providing care for a client who is dying, the nurse aide:
86. The nurse aide can help promote sleep by:
87. When speaking with a client, it is important to
88. What is one important reason why the bed should remain wrinkle-free?
89. What is the medical term for high blood pressure?
90. Which kind of care helps restore a resident to the highest level of functioning possible?
91. When transporting a client in a wheelchair, the shower, the nurse aide SHOULD:
92. When helping a client remove a brace, the nurse aide notices a reddened area, the next step for the nurse aide is to:
93. An important part of a nurse aide’s responsibility is
94. The client MOST likely to be repositioned is using logrolling for the client to recover from
95. The nurse aide’s responsibility in a care conference is:
96. A nurse aide sees that a client has injury, the FIRST thing the nurse aide should:
97. When feeding a client, the nurse aide should
98. A client’s care plan calls for the use of a mechanical lift when transferring. Instead, the nurse aide uses a gait belt for a stand to pivot transfer, and the client’s legs give way sending the client to the floor. The CNA would be guilty of:
99. The client is not eating well continued to refuse meals in previous 2 meals, the nurse assistant should know to:
100. A nurse aide walks in to find a client on the floor and praying. What should the nurse aide do FIRST?
101. An “NPO” sign on a client’s door tells the nurse aide that:
102. A facility ignores a client’s request for a roommate change. What organization should the nurse aide contact?
103. When talking to a client who is hearing impaired, the nurse aide SHOULD:
104. The nurse aide SHOULD wear gloves when
105. When talking with a client, the nurse aide stands very close, and the client makes a few steps. This is an example of:
106. When transferring a client with left-sided weakness from bed to chair, the nurse aide SHOULD:
107. The nurse aide is instructed to provide care for a client who is deceased. The nurse aide SHOULD:
108. The nurse aide enters a client’s room and finds the client crying. What SHOULD the nurse aide do?
109. The purpose of isolating a client who has an infection is to:
110. When walking with a client who is in pain on 1 side, the nurse aide SHOULD:
111. The nurse aide is assigned to feed a client. The client is lying flat in the bed and do not want the head of the bed raised. The nurse aide SHOULD:
112. What SHOULD a client who is in need for bed mobility be repositioned?