About the CNA Program
- This Nursing Assistant Training Program (NATP) also known as Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program is comprised of 60 hours of theory sessions with exams each module that is accomplished outside class hours, and 100 hours of clinical skills in either a skilled nursing facility, or in classroom. This 160-hour course prepares individual students to provide direct hands-on care for clients under the supervision of a licensed professional nurse. Both the theory and clinical skills will be audited by the State, and a student is required to pass both for them to receive the certification.
Required Hours to Pass: 160 Hours
- 60 theory hours which are in person interaction at CAL ACE Nursing Academy, 1535 Landess Ave, Unit 103, Milpitas, CA 95035
- 100 clinical skill hours which are in-person interaction at a skilled nursing facility or in-classroom training with fellow classmates or with a life-size medical training mannequin.
- Registration fee is $200 (Non-refundable)
- Tuition fee $1500 (Introductory price is $1400)
Coursework and Module Practice Tests
- There may have coursework and research tasks to accomplish and maybe required by the instructors to submit on a per module basis. Submission deadlines shall be emphasized and scheduled by the Instructor or Registrar, if any.
- Practice Tests maybe administered by the Instructors to help students familiarize with the written exam to be administered by the State representatives. Practice Tests are accomplished outside the 60 theory hours.
Training Program Length: 10 Weeks
- The 60 hours of theory hours will be Saturdays and Sundays, 8 hours total from 8:30AM to 5:00pms for 7.5 days or about 4 weekends.
- The 100 hours of clinical skills portion shall be Saturday and Sunday after all the theory sessions. Clinical skills will be 8 hours a day from 7am to 3:30 pm for 6 weekends
Location of the Program
- The classroom is at 1535 Landess Ave, Unit 103, Milpitas CA 95035
- The clinical site is at Canyon Springs Post Acute Care, a skilled nursing facility located at 180 N Jackson Ave, San Jose, CA 95116 with the website www.canyonspringspostacute.com
- The alternative clinical site is at CAL ACE Nursing Academy, located at 1535 Landess Ave, Unit 103, Milpitas CA 95035 (location waiver is currently for approval)
- Dr. Cliff Roperez
- Rebecca Calkins, RN